Most patients who come to us for laser vision correction are excellent candidates for LASIK surgery.
Because everyone’s eyes are different, it may decided that LASIK is not the best vision correction option for you. However, Professional Eyecare Associates’s commitment to superior technology means that our patients have the best chance of getting optimum results. Our doctors will review a number of factors including your eye history, current prescription and current health to determine the best procedure for you.
Our best candidates for LASIK surgery meet the following criteria:
- be 18 years of age or older
- need glasses or contacts to see clearly
- have relatively stable vision over the last 18 months
- have a healthy cornea, retina, and eye pressure
- have no other major eye diseases
- have no evidence of collagen vascular, autoimmune or immunodeficieny disease
- not be pregnant, nursing or have had a baby within the past 6 months
- have realistic expectations of surgical outcome