Professional Eyecare Associates offers a blade-free CustomVue INTRALASE-LASIK experience, which combines two exciting technological advances that offer patients a real possibility to achieve a better than 20/20 outcome. These advances are the Ziemer FEMTO LDV Femtosecond Laser, which creates the corneal flap, and the STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser with CustomVue, for shaping a perfect corneal surface.
The result is a tremendous level of control and customization, making the blade-free INTRALASE-LASIK experience safer and more precise than ever. Patients are more comfortable during the procedure, experience a faster visual recovery and a better visual outcome.
While Traditional Lasik is an excellent choice for many patients, CustomVue Lasik is improved laser vision correction technology that allows your surgeon to further customize laser vision correction to your individual eyes.
- Unlike conventional Lasik surgery, CustomVue Lasik eye surgery treats lower and higher-order aberrations from nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, to glare and halos.
- With CustomVue Lasik, a 3-D map of your eye is created that supplies critical information to our surgeon, so that your vision correction can be customized to your specific needs.
- Most people who have had the CustomVue Lasik procedure notice they are seeing more clearly than with glasses or contacts.
- Not everyone is a good candidate for CustomVue Lasik; your candidacy will be determined at your screening
- Contact us to schedule a comprehensive consultation to determine the best treatment for you.
- Using wavefront technology, an analyzer projects waves of light into the eye.
- A customized map is created for each individual eye.
- Digital technology identifies and measures imperfections 25 times more precisely than Traditional Lasik to offer higher levels of precision and treatment accuracy.
- CustomVue Lasik provides a greater chance of achieving 20/20 vision.
- Potential for better vision exceeds that of contact lenses or glasses.
- Many patients report clearer, sharper vision after having CustomVue Lasik.
- Incidence of glare and halos is reduced with CustomVue Lasik laser vision procedures.
- With CustomVue Lasik laser vision correction there is a better potential for improved overall vision, day and night.
- Aberrations are visual imperfections that may affect your vision. They vary from one person to the next, and are “lower” or “higher” in nature.
- Nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism are lower-order aberrations previously treated with Traditional Lasik.
- Higher-order aberrations that link to glare and halos and could not be adequately corrected with glasses, contacts, or traditional LASIK, can be treated with CustomVue LASIK.
- Your doctor will recommend the procedure best suited for your eyes.
- Unlike traditional Lasik, CustomVue Lasik uses a tool called a wavefront analyzer to measure the way light travels through your eye.
- A customized 3-D map of your eye is created from these measurements and shows your entire optical system, providing information about the unique visual characteristics of your eye.
- Each and every eye has its own unique characteristics and your surgeon uses this data to further customize your vision correction.
- For more details about the evolution of CustomVue Lasik and specifics of how the wavefront analyzer works, click here.